subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

July 6, 2011

On the Horizon

I finally got my sewing machine back, and I have been sewing up a storm. I am nearly finished with Grandma's quilt top. I am really liking how it is turning out so far.
As all you quilters know, when you pick your fabric selection for a pattern, you never really now how it will turn out. You can only imagine. I drew the pattern before even knowing what fabric Grandma was going to pick, But I had an idea of what she might go with. And it was right. After she picked the final pattern and fabric, I re-drew the pattern so I could re-color the design. I didn't like how I had a few things in the first draft. Plus I needed to know exactly what was going where, so I wouldn't have to guess later. Still not knowing how each print would combine with its neighbor, I looked at color. 


I decided to sew in thirds, making one GIANT 9-patch. It's almost like I am making mini-quilts. Each section is looking beautiful. I keep thinking that maybe I will have to make one, same print and all, for myself.  


My little honey is becoming quite the photographer. Which I love, also being a photographer myself. He took the above picture last night while I unstitched a row I had just sewn on the wrong side.

And finally, I received my Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt Book yesterday! I am so excited to finally be apart of this Quilt-A-Long. I've got a little bit of catching up to do, and still have to go through my stash for fabric.
If you still have not joined, and would like to, I have some extra books available in the store.
I'll show my progress here, so stay tuned!




Thanks for visiting my blog.
Have you checked out our precuts lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!