subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

June 19, 2014

Charity Quilts

I was going through folders of pictures and I came across these pictures of some quilts I help make for charity this past Winter. I know I had mentioned something about them, way back when .. But I don't think I ever got around to showing them to you. These quilts were part of a church activity to help out some of our neighbors in need. I left all the decisions up to the church. I offered suggestions for fabrics and pattern, based on the general information of recipients (gender and age) and did all the sewing. I had left over fabric from the tops, so I did pieced backs on all the quilts.

The church members tied the quilts for their activity, and I bound them.



This first one was for the mom.


Fabric used for the top: Honeysweet by Fig Tree & Co.


For the back: Etchings by 3 Sisters



Next was for a boy about 12 years old.

Fabric used for the top: Boy Crazy by My Mind's Eye


For the back: mustard yellow vintage sheet with a Simply Color Zig Zag stripe



Last was for a girl about 10 years old.


Fabric used for the top: Giggles by Me & My Sister


For the back: Simply Color by Vanessa Christensen




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!