subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

May 28, 2013

Portland Spring Market {Part 2}

Welcome to Part 2 of my Spring Market posts. This one is jammed packed with pictures! Let's jump right in with this beautiful apron by Basic Grey. I seriously thought this was a dress.


Vanessa Christensen showing off her giant designer block. I love the use of her ombre solids here.  


Here's a close up of that gorgeous quilt behind her.


There is always a quilt show at market too, with the most amazing quilts. This time there was a catergory for hand-stitched. Seriously talented ladies here.  


Check out these tiny stitches! I love it!


Not only was this one hand-stitched, but also hand appliqued. The entire quilt.
Gorgeous!!


And speaking of dresses, Lila Tueller had this dress as her focal point in her booth last Fall. We, along with many others, begged her for the pattern. I was excited to see it displayed (along with the pattern) in a couple booths; including the Riley Blake booth, featuring her newest fabric 'Priscilla.'


I know this next dress has inspired me to keep my selvages.
You may have seen it circulating the internet ....
The Selvage Dress!!
This dress is beautiful! Although, I don't think I will be making an entire dress, since seeing this dress, along with other selvage projects on the Selvage Blog years ago, I have been saving my selvages for a can't-decide-project in the future. 


Riley Blake featured their new ginghams with this gingham lone star quilt. Their theme for this year was "Gingham Style."


I spotted this adorable pocket pillow featuring Tasha Noel's new line "Little Red".
(hmm. which reminds me. I should have an order of this waiting for me at the warehouse. At least, I'm pretty sure I ordered it)


Sasparilla will be arriving in July.
I adore this row quilt by Pine Mountain Designs.


Who doesn't love a good bake sale!?
Lori Holt always has such cute patterns.
How could you not love the stand mixer and spatulas!


Amanda Herring, of the The Quilted Fish, had a great display of her new line, Madhuri.
Here is one of her new patterns:


She also had a great make-and-take, making Indian-inspired bead bracelets.


Check out her fabric-covered suitcases too. This chick knows how to travel in style!


Have you noticed the 80's seem to be making a comeback? I was at Old Navy a couple months ago and all their new summer jackets, along with some other wears, were neon. I've seen the same thing over at Target; and now at Market! Riley Blake showed off their new basics in neon!



This quilt was also spotted at the Michael Miller booth.


And lastly, the Talented Mo Bedell had a gorgeous booth to show off. I was lucky enough to grab her new line, Full Moon Lagoon, in fat quarters at Sample Spree. Only have a couple seconds to glance at the fabrics, when I got back to the hotel, I wished I had grabbed a few more.


She had some amazing quilts hanging in her booth, and I had to get a close up of each one.



After Market, we started our road trip home, but not without stopping at Multnomah Falls first.


Looking down on the Falls from the bridge.
Don't you just wanna jump right in :)


Clovers & Jam quilt pattern from Fig Tree & Co arrived today. You can find it here.



2 comments:

  1. Great pictures of Market. Thank you for bringing it to those of us that can't go in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many cute and inspirational ideas! I like to make aprons, too, and also like to experiment with fabric. I like the cotton dresses that are girly and have a good amount of material. I've been making hats, too, with fabric flowers added. I'd love to go to this market!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!