I finished the pirate quilt I started last year. I don't get as much time as I used to for handquilting, so it has been a long process. The kiddos usually try to "help" by jumping on the quilt or hiding beneath it, making it impossible to get any quilting done. I have been able to get a couple of hours in here and there with out any kids and was able to get it done pretty quickly with out all the distractions.
I had a little debate with myself on the binding. At first I thought I would do the red bandana to tie into the X. But I don't think I have enough. And the skulls were much too big for binding. Then I got to thinking how cool it would be to have to have a pirate-esque stripe. I sure lucked out in finding the perfect colors. It is exactly what I envisioned! I am so happy with the turn out.
Hopefully the little guy who gets this quilt will feel the same way :)