subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

January 26, 2012

Decisions. Decisions.

Two days ago I made the decision to rip apart a good portion of a quilt. I didn't like the colors I had chosen. I can't say that I liked them from the beginning. But, thought that maybe it would be okay with the rest of the quilt. As I got ready to sew this pieces into the rest of the quilt -- I. just. couldn't. do. it. Although, I like the prints and the colors separately, I couldn't force myself into liking them together. At least not the way I had pieced them together. I spent my evening finishing up some other pieces of the quilt, editing instructions and unpicking all of these pieces. I had 8 sections. All the same. All undone.


I absolutely love this color of blue. As much as I wanted to use it in this quilt, I didn't want it to be out of place. Using the matching coral from the centers seemed like a viable idea. I probably should have kept all dark, or had the arrangement different. Whatever it is, this was not working for me.

When I picked this combo, it really didn't look so bad...


Staying up late, I was able to pull some new fabric that I will be much more to my liking and busily my seam reaper a workout. The Coral will no longer be making an appearance.
At least not here.


Have you ever done this? Ever needed to change colors part way through a project?
This is my first time changing colors in a quilt after I have already cut and sewn the pieces.
I'm happy I did.

1 comment:

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!