I made a mini lone star as part of my latest quilt. I got all the other sections sewn and was ready to sew everything together. Except... I made the lone star TOO BIG! OH, I couldn't believe it! I didn't know how it ended up so big. I drew it out more than once; did my math more than once. I have never done a lone star before. Something definitely went wrong. I looked at my drawing. I drew it out the right size, mostly. I use draft paper with itty bitty squares. So, to help with the star points, I drew it twice as big as needed. When I did my math, I forgot to account for the double squares.
I had to redo the star.
Luckily I had enough fabric leftover to be able to get what I needed.
Here is my new Mini Lone Star
I still need to square it off. Looks like I may have messed up on the setting triangles and squares. I'm gonna be pretty close to the star points. AND, I think it might be a smidgen too big, again! Not too much, maybe 1/2"-3/4" inch. I'll wait till it's squared to panic!
Here it is with the first one. You can see how much bigger it was.
I'm not gonna let it go to waste.
Grandma really likes the Lone Star, so I will sew it into the backing.
It might be waaaay too big for a matching pillow.