subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

April 12, 2015

The Making Of A Dress

A few week ago, I took my little girl to the Riley Blake warehouse, and let her pick out which fabric she wanted for her Easter dress. She picked Wildflower Spot from the Wildflower Meadow collection by Melly & Me. I adore this print!




Instead of having 2 spaghetti straps like the original pattern, I changed it up bit by adding navy trim for more of a ruffle sleeve, and sewing the second strap like bias tape to the trim. I also added the same trim to the bottom of the skirt.



Of course, the dress has to have a good twirl! 



She wasn't in the mood to cooperate. It was a bit of a struggle getting pictures that show the dress; but, when I saw this picture, it was worth all the hassle.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!