subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

April 15, 2015

snow day

Thank you all for your sweet comments on my grandma's post yesterday. It was heartwarming to read each of your comments. I'm sorry that I didn't reply to you individually, I've been at a loss for words. 

We woke up to quite the Spring snow storm. I'm pretty sure I have swept a good 6 inches off of my car. 


Since the snow botched all my other plans for today, my girl thought it would be a good idea to go through all the bolts of fabric and pick out her favorites. So far she's picked about a dozen from Cotton + Steels Basics. I cut a strip from each bolt, which I've been instructed is going to be a new quilt for her, and she's going to help with sewing.


Her ambition makes me smile.
I also love the lime and turquoise bits she mixed in with the pinks, purples and corals.


I wonder what she has in mind for her quilt ...



3 comments:

  1. That's adorable!! I hope you'll post the finished product when you ladies are done! :)
    Also, Snow? D: Ugh!! Where abouts do you live? (East, west, central, etc?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely post pictures of her quilt -- just have to figure it out first :)
      I live in Northern Utah, Salt Lake City. The snow usually stops in March, but also not uncommon for snow in April - mostly in the mountains at that point.

      Delete
  2. I love it when children pick out fabrics for their own quilt! It makes it so individual. My grandson actually LIKES to go fabric shopping with me!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!