subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

October 1, 2014

Brick Quilt


My friend made this adorable brick quilt for her little girl. This is the first quilt she has ever made. 
Isn't it beautiful! She did such a great job! 


Over the weekend, I quilted and bound it for her. It was a pretty rainy weekend here, which gave me the perfect excuse for staying inside to quilt :)

I quilted it with an all-over meandering rose pattern. I had so much fun with this pattern! It was so easy -- and relaxing. Before I knew it, the whole quilt was finished!


I love the wavy petals, and the texture! Oh the texture! 
Just look at all that yummy texture!


You can hardly tell, but I doubled the batting. It was so thin, it needed a little extra for fluff and warmth. 
After a quick wash, it now has that scrunchy-soft homemade feel to it.
Finished at the right time, too. It's starting to get a little chilly here. 
This quilt will be perfect for the coming months :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!