I wanted to use up as much of the fabric as possible, with as little cutting as possible, so I upped the size of blocks. Although I read the cutting instructions a few times to make sure I didn't cut them wrong, I ended up cutting only half of what was needed; thinking, for some reason that it was the right amount. I didn't discover this until I had sewn up all the blocks and was trying to arrange them, ending up with 2 or 3 extra blocks.
Doing quick math in my head, I thought I figured out the missing amount to fill in the extra spaces for what I already had. Wrong again. And now I was running out of fabric! Luckily I had a few fat quarters in my stash that looked like they could match, and hopefully blend in like they were part of the original design.
I am happily pleased with the outcome! This quilt is perfect for Summer. In fact, my kids refer to it as the 'picnic quilt'.
I quilted it with squares of varying size in the secondary pattern, to give it a little more dimension.
Since I purchased this fabric for a different quilt, I had also purchased fabric for the backing. On first measurement (as in holding the fabric top up the fabric back) it didn't look like there was enough length to cover the back. So, I pieced the back in a giant 4-patch fashion, with sashing between the giant patches. I then ended up with too much on the back! Totally fine with it though. I like the green polka dots :)