subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

January 19, 2013

Toes In The Sand ~ a Block Of the Month Quilt

It didn't seem like I had enough time to show you everything when I got back from Market last Fall. I'm not sure why now, but seems like I got caught up in something and was pretty busy. I had plans to show you pictures from Market when certain things came out, like Salt Water by Tula Pink. I sat down a couple weeks ago to post about Tula Pink's awesome booth she had and while searching pictures discovered all of my market pictures have some how been deleted! There's been a few problems with my computer, and the result was to reinstallations, within a month. Somewhere, the file containing market was not backed up, and since I had already downloaded all those pictures, they were also deleted from my SD card :(

So I won't be showing you any awesome pictures from Market, but what I will show you is how awesome Julie Herman's new Block Of The Month looks with Tula Pink's Salt Water!


Toes In The Sand is a 12 month, block of the month program that features 12 unique blocks all created with the Hex 'N' More ruler. There are no pesky Y seams! Each month you'll create two blocks from the same design. Creative fabric placement with make your quilt appear to have 24 different blocks. 

Julie has done a great job creating this block of the month book. Just as with all of Julie's patterns, her instructions are simple, easy to follow and accurate. Each block is easily put together. I think the longest one took me an hour, cutting and sewing for 2 blocks. The Hex 'N' More ruler was so easy to use. It seriously is a favorite. And even better is all blocks are made out of fat eighths! Giving you the versitality to for different color placements, if you so desire. And fussy cutting ... I fussy cut several blocks and still had enough to cut the rest of the block and had leftover in case of a mis cut.

Wanna join in this great BOM? You can sign up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!