Leisl Gibson of Oliver + S was showing off her new line The Ladies Stitching Club at the Spring Market this year. Along with her beautiful new line, she had copies of The Straight Stitch Society Manifesto. I think this is something we all can live by:
The straight stitch society manifesto
- Life is hard. Sewing is easy.
- When the going gets tough, the tough get sewing.
- Sewing is cheaper than therapy and easier on your waistline than chocolate.
- Don’t make it if it’s not super cute.
- Don’t let anyone talk trash about your sewing skills. Especially your mother.
- Sometimes a glass of wine really does improve your sewing. Or at least your attitude. Same difference.
- A strategically used curse word can make you feel better when you need to get out the seam ripper. But only the first time. After that you’re a potty mouth.
- No matter what happens, remember that it’s only fabric.
- If someone asks “Did you make that?” say “Yes” proudly and leave it at that, no matter how much you fudged along the way.
- Sewing Straight Stitch Society projects will make you thinner, younger, and richer. You’ll see.
What better way to showcase this new line, than with the manifesto. And if that doesn't make you wanna sew something, maybe these lovelies with inspire you. (i apologize for the picture. i am still displaced and had to copy from the store instead of upload a nice one)
It's hard for me to pick a favorite out of this line. I love these colors along with the vintage-style prints. What better to get you in the mood for Fall!
Here's a few more pics to help you be inspired