subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

May 10, 2012

Olive Swing Bag

When I saw the Olive Swing Bag pattern at the Quilt Market last Fall, I knew immediately I wanted to make it for my sister. I waited for her birthday, which was last month. I even had her come over and pick out the fabrics she wanted, not knowing what they would be used for.
The pattern was so easy, and only took about 20 minutes. I was even being dumb and only half reading the instructions, because I only cut out half the pieces needed. One outside and one inside. I sewed the wrong pieces together and had to unpick. It still only took about 20 minutes. The bag is reversible. However, I opted for a different closure than the pattern calls for, so it is not reversible. I used a magnetic snap, which I found on clearance!



As a bonus, there is an additional pattern included to make a soft case for sunglasses, using the leftovers from the bag. The bag seemed a little empty still, so I made a little booklet cover I had seen on her Pinterest page. Both of things were quick and simple, and were used from the leftovers of the bag.




The fabrics used are Sugar Floral in Pink from the Sugar & Spice collection by The Quilted Fish
And Haybale in Yellow from the Farm Fresh collection by October Afternoon.
The Olive Swing Bag & Sunglass pattern can be found here.
The booklet pattern can be found here.


1 comment:

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!