subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

March 6, 2012

Houndstooth Quilt Top

I finished the top to my new Houndstooth Quilt.

Holy Cow!
This was such an easy pattern! Everything went together so quickly, including the cutting. I had this done in a day! Less than a day really, what with taking breaks to run to the post office (several times), lunch, dinner, bath time, etc. I think I only sewed for 3 or 4 hours. I made mine lap size. Finished, it should measure 50"x62".

I wanted to change it up a bit to make it more individual, so I made one houndstooth a different color.
I absolutely love it!



It was a bit windy outside. I had to move quickly to get a shot before the wind picked up the top again, and again and again. Here is one of the less messy outtakes  :)


Now I just to sew the backing.
Hopefully the weather will be calm enough that I can get my frames out.
(My house really is that small. I have to set my frames up outside.)
If not, I'll have another trip to my granma's house :)

Thanks for stopping by!
 Have a great day!



~:~:~:~:~

Have you checked out our fat eighth bundles lately?
They easily fit in a flat rate envelope.
Any overage charged for shipping is refunded!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Sarah! I've admired this pattern for a bit--need to fit it into my quilting schedule. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!