August 30, 2011

More

As promised in my previous post, here is more on my day of quilt framing.

This next quilt, I've been working on for quite some time. It wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be.
A good friend of mine is expecting her first child in a couple of weeks and asked that I make her a quilt.
She admires the quilt I made for Argyle before he was born, and not knowing if I was having a boy or girl, I tried to make it nuetral. (Looking back, I think it fits 'boy' better.) Anyway, she wanted one like it.
Selfishly not wanting to make my baby's quilt for someone else, I came up with a different design that would also test my sewing skills. OH BOY! It was tough. A LOT of unpicking happened and some frustration. Things didn't turn out like I had imagined, but I am still happy with the end result. I just hope my friend is too.





my baby's quilt (hand quilted)

my friend's baby quilt (will be machine quilted)

 

I also knew the perfect backing for this quilt. In case it's a little hard to see, I picked Anne Kelle's Urban Zoologie Whales in cuddly.


Argyle took this picture while we were getting more pins



That's all for today. I'll be back later with another quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!