subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

July 13, 2011

Living in God's Open Air

I started my Farmer's Wife Quilt last night. Since this is a go at your own pace, pick your blocks, Quilt-a-long, I decided to do my blocks in order of the book.

Here's my week 1:

Cut Glass Dish


Kitchen Woodbox



These sure are itty bitty pieces. I had quite a bit of trouble with the HST's from the first block. Some how or other, the squares got sewn on the wrong side. I'm still trying to figure that one out, since I laid everything out and picked them up according to how they were laid. I had to unpick three-quarters of them. Not exactly sure how I picked them up wrong. I must have been really distracted. :)
The whole time I was cutting this little puppies out, I kept thinking what a pain it was going to be to press them (I think the finished HST measures an inch. I didn't get burned, but pretty darn close) and hoped I wouldn't have to unpick any.

I'm pretty sure I jinxed myself.

I may or may not play catch up on the blocks. For now, I'm in no hurry. I have a few other projects I need to get done, and will be focusing on those. So, in the meantime, I will try to do the 2 blocks per week.

~ : ~


Thanks for visiting my blog.
Have you checked out the patterns in my shop lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!