subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

June 8, 2011

a REAL post

I know there have been a lot of posts lately about the new fabrics arriving to the shop. I thought I would take a break and show you what else I am doing. I haven't had much time to sew lately, and it's been bugging me. I have so many projects that I need and want to get done. But, I have been busy with preparations for the farmers market, which starts on Saturday. My husband, Michelob, and I have had to deal with some unfortunate situations the past couple months and it really reached its peak 2 weeks ago. He not only lost his job, but we also lost the use of our greenhouse and have had to keep everything we have been growing in our backyard. It takes a lot more attention caring for the plants, baskets and flowers here than at the greenhouse. only because my two little ones want to "help". I'm glad they have a such a curiosity and willingness to take care of everything, but sometimes their help is not help. Like when Paisley rips out the newly transplanted tomatoes, or Argyle picks all the flowers out of the hanging basket. (I want you to know, I am not complaining. watching these two in the garden really is amazing. They have a few sets of garden tools, a wagon and wheelbarrow that goes pretty much everywhere. It's precious to me when Argyle brings me flowers to smell, even though he pick the basket nearly clean.)
I wanted to share some pictures with you, of what I have growing in my backyard.


















If you're in the Salt Lake area, stop by the farmers market this weekend. I'd love to see ya!

(I'll be back later with another fabric post. I've got some new stuff coming today.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!