subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

June 26, 2011

One Line At A Time

I received a belated birthday gift last week.
Knowing that I am learning machine quilting, my brother's wife got me this book.

One Line at a Time


I am gravitating more towards maching quilting for 2 reasons. The first is that I developed a little Carpal Tunnel Syndrome last year with the latest large quilts I hand-quilted, which has put a small damper on my quilting. Second is so that I can get my quilts done much more quickly. Especially now that I have been a stay-at-home-mom for the past year, I don't have as much time to sit and hand quilt as I did before. When I was working, I was allowed to take my quilts with me, so I got a lot of quilting done. It was really nice. I think I have 8 quilts waiting to be put up on frames. Most have been waiting for at least a year. (I also have to wait for clear, warm weather since my house is too small for quilt frames.)

I read through this book as soon as it came. It breaks down machine quilting designs to smaller, easier steps. I am quite excited to try this method out. It's a good thing I have so many quilts I can practice on!

I loaned my maching to mom so she can do some hemstitching.
In the meantime, I'll be marking some quilts.

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Get them all done, and on the beds in use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a lot of free motion quilting having forced myself to learn it - long ago - when it was costing me way too much for longarm quilting. Learning to FMQ was the best education I gave myself. On my blog I post about my free motion quilting methods and experiences, and I'm sure that with perseverance you'll be doing the same. All the best!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!