subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

April 27, 2011

new design + awkward sewing = frustration

I've been working on a new quilt design, and it is not going as planned. I have been so frustrated with the sewing. This quilt is for my new nephew who is due to arrive in a few months. It's a pretty basic design, and really should have only taken about an hour to sew.
I've had a lot of hang-ups along the way, from forgetting to cut down the strips to the right size to partial seams and mitered corners not mitering. I can't show you yet, but I am sewing this thing pretty unconventionally. It will be a miracle if I can get it sewn the way I am sewing in my head.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! In chaos, order and beauty will always win through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck, sometimes needle and thread will surprise you in the end, don't give up.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!