subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

February 2, 2016

Um, Hello February!

WOW! The last couple of months seem like a blur. I was surprised to see the last post I did was to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving. The holidays were busy, as usual. Although, looking back, it doesn't seem like it anymore :) My boy's grade did a production of the Nutcracker. This was the 28th year for his school! Even more amazing -- the teacher that started it all is still running the show. I helped teach the Penny-Whistles their little dance. The kids practiced everyday for 6 weeks. All the kids did amazing! Plus, it was so fun to watch!!

I haven't done much sewing in the past couple of months, but I did manage to make a Christmas dress for my girl. I still need to take pictures of it. Shortly after Christmas, I got hit with Asthmatic Bronchitis. Basically, the bronchitis is causing me to have asthma. I have never had asthma, so this has been new and sometimes scary. I have been to urgent care 4 times in the last month, 2 of which were because I could not get enough air. The scary part! There were a few times during a coughing fit that I truly felt as though I had forgotten how to breathe, and maybe I was doing it wrong. I had to think about every breath. I'm currently on a pretty high dose of prednisone, keeping my breathing in check, and making me a bit more productive.

I have been able to quilt a few things the last couple of weeks. Pictures coming soon!! Of course, I do have something to show you today too :) A customer brought me these adorable Valentine's table toppers.


I love these scrappy hearts. They are all appliqued for extra cuteness! 


I stitched around each heart, next to the edge.


Squiggly lines going through the hearts. It was nice and relaxing. 


To switch things up a bit, I changed the direction of the lines on the second top.


I don't know about you, but I am fully inspired to do some Valentine's sewing!


That's it for today. 
I'll be back soon with some quilts and that Christmas dress I mentioned :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!