subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

July 16, 2015

Summer Hiatus

Hmmm. So far this Summer, my machine has only served as a collection plate. Piled with fabrics to finish my boy's fox quilt, a few new frames I picked up the other day and mail. Sewing seems to have taken a back seat to Summer. And I'm okay with that. In fact, I think it's pretty fantastic. Our days have been filled with trips to the pool, library, play dates, baseball games, hiking, fishing and camping. Today, I thought I'd share a few pictures of the beautiful mountains that surround the Salt Lake Valley.

This is one of our favorite spots. It's called Donut Falls. The day I took this picture, we were up there pretty early in the morning, so the water was freezing, and up to my knees in the donut hole.


My sweet boy always picks me flowers. 


Last week we went to Lake Mary . The hike was lined with wildflowers. It's one of the more colorful hikes I've been on. Definitely worth it just for the flowers, but the lake is pretty amazing too. 


Here's something you don't know about me. I love thistles. I always have. I love the flowers they produce; I love to see how pokey they are. They fascinate me.


Another one of our favorite spots. On this visit, we were able to catch a small frog in the marsh. He was only about 1.5" long. There are also ducks there, that are not shy and very willing to share your lunch :)


I hope everyone is enjoying their Summer as well. I may even get around to cleaning my machine off before school starts again ;)

On a fabric note, Hello Darling is currently in transit from the Moda warehouse and should be arriving the shop on Friday. But it could also be Monday. I'm really hoping for Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!