subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

August 4, 2012

A Rug Inspired Charm Swap

A few days ago, I asked facebook if anyone would be interested in doing a charm swap. After a small discussion between some interested ladies, we settled on the colors of blue, green and purple. Which is perfect, because, I have this rug that I bought while getting the nursery ready for my first baby. It just so happens to be all shades of blue, green and little bits of purple. It has always reminded me of the beach, or more specifically, under the sea. In recent months, I have been thinking how I just love the colors and would like to make a quilt to coordinate. I have slowly begun collecting fabrics that match. I posted a picture of my rug as part of the discussion, and needless to say, everyone loves the colors too!


There is already a pretty good gathering for this charm swap formed over on facebook. But, there are still a few spots left. If you would like to join this swap, please leave a comment below, or send me an email to admin@fabricseeds.com. It is first-come, first-serve, and I will email you back to confirm your spot.

Once the group is filled, a timeline will decided. You will need to purchase one yard of high-quality cotton weight fabric (support your local/independently owned quilt shops - no joanns, hancocks, walmart or hobby lobby please!), cut into 7 5"xwof strips, subcut into 56 5"x5" squares. Mail to the coordinator (me), include return postage. In return you will receive 2 charms of each fabric from 28 participants for your own group-made custom charm pack. 
(pictures of each member's selected fabric will be posted on facebook or flickr so to avoid duplicates.)

so, who's in?!?
(please don't make me beg!)

5 comments:

  1. I've already got some perfect colors:

    Oval Elements in Mist and
    Oval Elements in Grape

    Are these too basic for the swap? I love art gallery so I hope they are ok but if not I'll need to go shopping. I hope enough folks sign up - it's going to be fun!

    And there is a fabric swap finder group on flickr - I'll post this there if that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i join, i have never done this before. my daughter does and loves it.
    thanks, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would love to have you join Linda! please send me your email address, as I show you are no-reply. admin(at)fabricseeds(dot)com.

      Delete
  3. I would love to join sheila_harvey2004@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are my favorite colors! Definitely! emailing you, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!