subscribe via rss e-mail me facebook pinterest home Image Map

May 14, 2012

Sneaky Peeky

I'll be leaving for the International Quilt Market in just 2 days!  And, as you may or may not know, my friend Kimberly is having her first line debut at the market. We have been busy making 10 (i think) quilts for her display. Here are some sneak peeks of her upcoming line.

Oh, But first I wanted to share some of the fun we had making these quilts. In the midst of our talking, joking and laughing, I was sewing the border onto one of the quilts, and went to press the seams before I trimmed the excess. Come to find out, I completely sewed the adjacent border over the quilt top. Now, Kim's been having a hard time, what with her mother and me teasing her all the way. She quickly accused me of not wanting to post about this mess up. I thought it was so funny, I quickly took pictures so that I could share it with you! Proof that sewing with friends can be very distracting, and incredibly more fun!




Onto to the rest of the sneak peeks. Some in the process, some tops finished but not quilted, and of course, quilted and bound. We were able to finish all the quilts just in time for them to be shipped to Kansas City!!












I really wanted to point out these corners. It might not look like it here, but these little corner triangles are only about 1/2 inch big. Even though they are small, it was still quick and easy to put together.
and look how well they lined up!











I can't wait to show you more of this line, and of course the full quilts, after the market.
I am really excited to see them all hung in the Benartex booth!
:D


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I try my best to reply to each one.
However, if you are a no-reply blogger, I will not be able to respond.
Thanks, and have a great day!